Updated: May 6, 2021
Ayla Technologies, Inc. (“Ayla”) collects information about you when you use our mobile application, website, Ayla technology platform and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services” or the “Ayla Platform”) and through other interactions and communications you have with Ayla.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- DATA WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES?
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES?
- HOW WILL WE USE YOUR DATA?
- HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
- WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- HOW TO MANAGE YOUR COOKIES?
- HOW TO CONTACT US
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect data you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, use our services through our digital platforms (app, website, etc), in person platforms (events, conferences, etc), contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, birth date, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, the services and other information you choose to provide.
DATA WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICE?
When you use our services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
Location Information: When you use our services, we collect your precise location data. If you permit Ayla to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“mobile platform“), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Contacts Information: If you permit Ayla to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform or desktop platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type various services requested, the date and time the services were requested and provided, amount charged (including the amount of tip), and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo or referral code, we may associate your name with that person.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device or desktop device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
Call, SMS Data and Emails: Our Services facilitate communications between Clients and Practitioners. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive communication data, including the date and time of the call, SMS message or email, the parties’ phone numbers or email addresses, and the content of the SMS message or emails.
SMS POLICIES: Ayla utilizes text messages to allow you to login and out with ease. By using Ayla’s products you agree to receive SMS messages from Ayla to you as a way to login and out from your account, notify you of any security breaches, product alerts and updates.
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Message frequency varies.
Ayla is committed to building user trust and confidence by promoting and complying with the use of business practices that help protect the privacy of the customer and their data.
Ayla does not have a charge for this service; however, message and data rates may apply from your mobile carrier. Subject to the terms and conditions of your mobile carrier, you may receive text messages sent to your mobile phone. Message frequency varies.
By providing your consent to participate in our services, you approve any such charges from your mobile carrier. Charges for text messages may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid balance. Ayla reserves the right to terminate this SMS service, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. The information in any message may be subject to certain time lags and/or delays. You are responsible for managing the types of SMS texts you receive. If you have any questions or need help, you can call email us at [email protected]
To stop receiving text messages, reply STOP to any sms message received from Ayla Inc. By registering for our software, you consent that following such a request to unsubscribe, you will receive one (1) final message from Ayla confirming that you have been inactivated in our system. Following such confirmation message, no additional text messages will be sent unless you re-activate your subscription. Please note that you will not be able to login back to your account once your number is deactivated.
Ayla may use an automatic dialing system to deliver text messages to you. The Federal Communications Commission defines an “automatic telephone dialing system” or autodialer as equipment that has the capacity to store or produce telephone numbers to be called and to call such numbers. 47 C.F.R. § 64.1200. By your subscription and use of our services to either, or both, you give your consent to Ayla to use an automatic dialing system to deliver text messages to the telephone or cell phone number to which you have directed Ayla to transmit these text messages.
United States Participating Carriers May Include But Are Not Limited To ACS/Alaska, Alltel, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Boost, Cellcom, Cellone Nation, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Cellular South, Centennial, Chariton Valley Cellular, Cincinnati Bell, Cox Communications, Cricket, EKN/Appalachian Wireless, Element Mobile, GCI, Golden State Cellular, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, iWireless, Metro PCS, Nex-Tech Wireless, nTelos, Plateau Wireless, South Canaan, Sprint, T-Mobile, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, US Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Viaero Wireless, Virgin, WCC. Additional carriers may be added.
Log Information: When you interact with the Services provided by Ayla, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Services Information and Third Party: When you interact with the Services provided by Ayla or a third parties such as Sign in with Apple, affiliates, mailing lists, data banks, public data, we collect data which may include information like access date, purchase dates, preferences, and billing information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES?
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Ayla account with a payment provider (e.g., Apple Pay) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- Our Practitioners may provide us with a Client rating and other non-confidential information such as the time the service was provided after providing services to you.
- If you also interact with our Services in another capacity, for instance as a Practitioner, we may combine or associate that information with information we have collected from you in your capacity as a Client.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Clients and Practitioners, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and Practitioners, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites and similar features;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Ayla and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, by providing appointment reminders, appointment date and time suggestions, recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
- Share with our Practitioners so that they can provide and coordinate services to you such as bookings and refunds.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through our Services
We may share your information:
- With Practitioners to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we may share your name, photo (if you provide one), average Client rating given by other Practitioners, location, history of Services;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate;
- With Ayla subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Client agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ayla or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Ayla securely stores your data at a private location. Ayla will keep your personal information for seven years if you are inactive or choose to terminate your account. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data. If your account is active your data will be securely stored on an on going basis until a period of inactivity or termination of your account.
Ayla would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies and Practitioners. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Ayla from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other users of Ayla and its affiliates. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email [email protected]
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
Ayla would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Depending on the country and state of the visiting user, you may be entitled to some or all of the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request Ayla for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service;
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that Ayla erase your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that Ayla erase your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that Ayla restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to object to processing: You have the right to object to Ayla’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions;
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that Ayla transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PLATFORM PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Ayla app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request.
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at [email protected]. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms of Service, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Ayla will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Ayla may share your personally identifiable information with third parties such as Practitioners to render services to you.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Usage and Preference Information;
- If you interact with our digital services, your name and email address will also be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be saved on your device until you delete them;
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Functionality: Ayla uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our digital services and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Advertising: Ayla uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our digital services, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Ayla sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies by declining the cookies policy while browsing or emailing [email protected] However, in a few cases, some of our digital features may not function as a result.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected] Please also learn more about the Children’s Online Protection Privacy Act at https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/statutes/childrens-online-privacy-protection-act.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
You can set your device not to accept cookies by declining the cookies policy in your browser or platform rendering agent. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we may provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Statement or any information incorporated herein, please contact us at [email protected] or write us at Ayla Technologies, Inc., 8821 183rd Street, New York, NY 11423.
For Mobile Ap Users
Ayla Technologies, Inc built the Ayla.fm app as a Freemium app. This SERVICE is provided by Ayla Technologies, Inc is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
Information Collection and Use
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics. We donot collect your devices Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA).
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
This policy is effective as of 2021-06-06